Tuesday 13 October 2009

A Gap Year!!!

It won't have escaped your notice, but I've not been around in the blogging world for a while - took a little holiday, or rather more like a Gap Year!!! A few weeks not blogging soon turned into a few months and wham here we are almost a year since my last update. There have been times that I've wanted to blog, and times when I've just wanted to walk away and close it down for good. Suffice to say I've been doing alot of thinking over the last couple of months.

As you will see, because you're actually able to read this, I have decided to continue to blog, although I've decided to take a different route - I hope it's a journey that you will continue to accompany me on. The main difference is the blog isn't just going to be about jewellery!!!! Well it wasn't just about the jewellery before, I hear you say, and that my dear reader has been one of the problems I have been trying to come to terms with. I would some times feel slightly guilty, ok a lot guilty, that I wasn't posting images and information about my jewellery, after all that's what the blog is called 'BeaDangles Jewellery' So, I've decided to rename and rebrand!!! Jewellery will still play a part, it's an important part of my life and who I am, but I do so much more (too much sometimes!). So my new refurbished blog will feature jewellery, baking, knitting, friends, family, the mundane and not so mundane daily goings on in my life, flowers, fauna, wildlife etc etc. I'm also going to attempt a big project, I'm going to try and take a photograph every day for the next year!!! It could be of anything, some days there may be more than one, but hopefully every day will be documented in pictoral form. I'm not promising works of art, some days the photograph may be what we're having for tea that day, but I'm hoping that when I look back over the year, it will provide me, and you if you wish to tag along, with a unique snapshot of my life during this time.

So, lets start with today, as good a day as any. You see for those who don't know, today is my birthday!!! This day 48 years ago Alison Mary Green was born, it was a Friday!!! I have had a lovely day today. I have received lots of birthday wishes from friends and family far and wide, some wonderful, beautiful, practical and well thought out gifts, a fine collection of chocolates and flowers. I have been out for a lovely lunch with a very special friend, what more could I ask for.


No comments: